release-plz update command updates the version and the changelog of the
packages containing unreleased changes.
- Downloads the packages of the project from the cargo registry.
- Compares the local packages with the downloaded ones to determine the new commits.
- Checks for API breaking changes in libraries if
cargo-semver-checksdoesn't catch every semver violation.
- Updates the packages versions based on the messages of the new commits (based on conventional commits and semantic versioning).
- Updates the packages changelogs with the messages of the new commits.
- Updates all dependencies by running
cargo update(disabled by default).
In the following example, I run
release-plz on the
release-plz project itself.
Release-plz increases the version and the changelog of the packages with
To learn more, run
release-plz update --help.